Tuesday 25 November 2014

NZDH Round 4 Taupo

On the weekend I was down in Taupo for round four of the New Zealand Downhill series. It was looking like it was going to be wet race, but we were lucky with the weather as the rain held off all day. The Descend Rotorua crew had done some work on the track and there was a new section that was a lot of fun. There was a nice tight forest section up the top going into the loose, off camber and rooty section that was newly built. The track then opened up onto farm land and was flat out fast to the bottom. There were lots of natural jumps and bumps, and it was really just an awesome fun track to race on!
After finishing all of my school exams, it was good to be back on my downhill bike and racing with Team Hukkit. I am super stoked to be part of the team, its great having the support at races. We have a good lot of sponsors on board for the season including Kali Protectives, Smith Optics, Scott, Shimano, Woodhill MTB Park, Bike Medic, MBR, and Tim Hunter Trail Co. I am very grateful for all their help and the support from Avantiplus Waitakere and the Don Oliver Youth Foundation.  
 I managed to find some flow and speed to put together a good race run, which put me in second place in the under 19's. I am stoked on the teams podium results with Brendan Regan placing 4th in the open men, Tim Hunter calming 2nd in masters and also my brother Liam finishing 4th in the under 17's. Bring on Auckland Downhill Champs this weekend!  Tim Hunter got some good footage of the racing HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment