Friday 12 September 2014

Hafjell World Championships and Europe Travels

Over the past three and a half weeks I have had such a great time over in Europe riding and racing in France and at the 2014 Downhill World Championships in Hafjell, Norway. It has been such a great experience, I can't thank everyone enough for all the support I have received to help me get over there. Here are some photos and stories from my trip: 
All of the New Zealand team who were staying at the accommodation in Norway. 
The World Champs track was so much fun, it had super technical rock gardens and nice big jumps up the top. Check out Claudio's course preview of the track, here.
Some of us NZ boys after our seeding runs. I had a really good run seeding in 24th. 
Sam Thompson got this photo of me hitting the track gap during my race run on Sunday. I managed to stay on my bike ended up finishing 25th junior in the world!  
It was such a great experience to race at the top level and on such an amazing track. I am also stoked for NZ team mate Connor Hamilton who got fifth! We all had such a great time together in Norway.  
Two weeks earlier at the Meribel World Cup. This was my first ever international race and warm up event for World Champs,   
Track walk down the steep, rough, fast and technical Meribel track. It was a challenging and super exciting track to ride, i had such a good time there! 
Flying off the big sender into the finish at Meribel. 
Cows with bells everywhere, including the track sometimes!
Had such a sick time in my week at Morzine, was so cool being able to catch chairlifts up everywhere and ride some really awesome tracks. 
Got a few chances to be a tourist, it was so cool to see other countries and experience different cultures. This was in Annecy when we first flew in from New Zealand, it was a pretty amazing place. Looking forward to the New Zealand race season starting soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment