Sunday 30 November 2014

Auckland Downhill Champs


Photo Credit: Bong Errazo
On Sunday I was out at 440 Mountain Bike Park, for the Auckland Downhill Championships. 440 put on an awesome event on their recently opened 'Ruapehu' downhill track. It's so good to have another quality downhill track in the Auckland region and I can't wait to race on it again when 440 host the National round next Summer! The track was nice and wide, with heaps of different lines and a lot of off camber sections. It was super fast and fun to race on.
Photo Credit: Bong Errazo
We got some practice runs in the morning and then had two race runs with your best time counting for your result. I was feeling really good in my first run and getting all my lines, but then a tree got in my way, which was not ideal! I had some time to rest my shoulder which had hit the tree before heading up for the second race run. This time I kept it nice an smooth, stayed on my bike and came away with the win in the under 19's.
All the boys in Team Hukkit did really well with Tim Hunter 1st in the Master 30's and team manager Edd also coming 1st in the Masters 40's. My brother Liam Bethell had a good race as well taking 2nd in the under 17's. A massive thanks to everyone who made the event happen and I look forward to getting out to 440 Mountain Bike Park for some more riding.
Photo Credit: Bong Errazo

2 comments: