Sunday 12 January 2014

New Year, New Bike!

I am stoked to be on my new bike, after building it up on Friday, I have been riding it all weekend! My brother, Liam, and I spent all day Saturday riding in the Red Woods, Rotorua. Then on Sunday it was Shuttles out on the West Coast Riders Club trails in Riverhead Forrest. It was an awesome weekend of riding and getting used to my DH bike.

My weapon of choice is the 2014 Scott Gambler 30 which looks awesome in the matte black, blue and red. It is such a fun bike to ride straight out of the box and has every thing you need to race full speed down any DH track. I set my bike up to run mainly with Shimano parts, changing the brakes, shifter and derailleur to Zee componentry. I am totally loving the gamblers new geometry, which smooths out all the braking bumps and makes it easy to hold your line through ruff sections. I also liked the new 'Magic Mery' tires from Schwalbe, which come on the gambler bikes. They were super grippy and gave me extra confidence in the corners.

I am looking forward to racing the national series on my new Gambler. My first race is round one of the National Cups, this weekend, in Victoria Park, Christchurch. Huge thanks to the guys at Avantiplus Waitakere for all there support, and keep a look out for a short Gopro edit of my new bike in action coming very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment