Monday 16 December 2013

NZDH Final Dome Valley

 The final round of the NZDH series was at sunny Dome Valley just north of Auckland.
 The Dome Valley track was steep and technical, which proved an exciting track to race on. A couple of pedals out of the start ramp and the rest was all fast and steep with lots of fun jumps and berms to play on.    
 The shuttles were very quick, which meant I could get at least ten runs in the day. I was having heaps of fun on the track, looking forward to race runs. The NZDH event format works so, you do two race runs and get your result from your fastest one. 
 My first race run felt really good, I hit all the lines I had done in practice and had a load of fun on the track.  
 In my second run I got a little off line and lost my speed and flow. Although I wanted to have a cleaner second run, I am pleased with my final result.
The event was run really well, the organizers and volunteers did a great job. I was happy to place 5th in the under 19 category and I am looking forward to racing next year.  
Photo Credit: LIAM BETHELL

No comments:

Post a Comment