Monday 2 February 2015

MTBNZ National Cup Round 3 - 440 Mountain Bike Park

I had an awesome weekend out at 440 Mountain Bike Park for the third round of the National Cup. It was my first race in the Pro Elite class, so it was pretty exciting racing against the top guys in New Zealand. 
Photo by: Cameron Mackenzie Photography
The practice day was very hot in the summer sun and the track was running dry and super fast. By the end of the practice day it was super dusty and holes and roots were being exposed. I was having heaps of fun and feeling good on the track. 
The rain held of and the track was again dry and dusty for race day. I had my new bike all dialed in and totally loving riding it. In my seeding run I seeded 7th which I was very pleased with. I was stoked to then take 3 seconds off my seeding time in my race run and finish in 7th in Pro Elite and 7th overall. Team Hukkit came away with three medals and my brother unfortunately had a little off in his race after winning seeding. Over all it was a very successful and fun race, thanks to 440 for putting it on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment